Get started with Amiga OS 3.2.2 today!
The AmigaOS 3.2 Update 2 is the latest version of the Amiga operating system for the classic Amiga computer with 68k processor.
It is available for Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 1200, 2000, 3000, 3000T, 4000, 4000T, CD32 and CDTV on CD-Rom.
This new update shows the continued commitment of the developers to ensure that AmigaOS 3.2 is the most powerful and stable operating system ever for 68K-based Amigas. If you don’t have a copy of AmigaOS 3.2 yet, there is now even more reason to get one from us as an official Hyperion reseller!
The team of developers and testers has worked tirelessly since the release of AmigaOS 3.2.1 to fix bugs and implement a number of new features.
The highlights of the new features and bug fixes of AmigaOS 3.2.2 are as follows:
- TextEdit has undergone several improvements to its extension interface and has gained an “About” menu item;
- “Showconfig” now displays the 68060 revision;
- “IconEdit” now notifies the user when someone else modifies the icon file that is being edited. And by pressing the help button, the help is called. The overall color handling of colorful icons has been improved so that icons can no longer degrade. Users may find themselves in a situation where the color looks worse than on a perfect screen, but the icon is not affected. The dreaded “Downgrade” dialog no longer appears, but in some cases “IconEdit” opens in a separate window;
- “Kickstart” can now boot with earlier versions of Workbench and Icon Library if they are present on the boot volume. This allows the ROM to be installed while retaining the ability to boot any AmigaOS version from 3.1 to 3.9 before installing AmigaOS 3.2 on a volume;
- The sketchboard.gadget has had some speed improvements that should be noticeable when using IconEdit;
- The listbrowser.gadget has been completely reworked, making the file much smaller and a bit faster;
- The layout.gadget has been completely revised;
- The window.class was completely revised;
- The RAM disk has been completely redesigned, so it is much less likely to cause problems;
- Improved “Locale” support
- Updated version of boards.library
AmigaOS 3.2 comes packed with well over 100 new features, dozens of updates and bug fixes covering almost all AmigaOS components. The AmigaOS 3.2 CD-Rom contains all disks and AmigaOS Kickstart ROMs for all Amiga machines ever produced.
- Amiga computer or emulation environment (like WINUA, EUAE)
- At least Kickstart 3.1 / or higher (3.1.4). Kickstart ROM 3.2 (recommended because of lowest boot time and memory consumption)
- 2 MB total memory (Chip-Ram + Fast-Ram). If you do not use a physical Kickstart ROM 3.2, then a total of 2.5 MB of total memory is required
- 10 MB free hard disk space